Thursday, November 13, 2008

Some Complain That This Album Doesn't Fit in Any Genre....What?!?!

"Who is on my Sofa ?" is proof that freely distributed music has its gems in a pile of coal. The album strays away from Poxfil's earlier Dub influences and if you found you like this one you then get to groove out on Poxfil's other two earlier albums, although quite different than "Who is on my Sofa ?", which are some very ingenious dub that doesn't over bear you with any reminder that it is actually Dub.

I digress.... "Who is on my Sofa ?" is some of the best music I have heard in a long time, most definitely this year. With the music industry awash in the post-internet genre disintegration the album goes from witty raps, passionate i'm-done-with-yous, brilliant comic operatic conceptual pieces to historic sound bits. Most of it you can dance to or just play over and over again.

I am still at a loss to who Poxfil really is. They/he are from France. Are these remixes of other's music? If so, let guy produce, someone, please. How does one guy do male and female voices? I may have to twist a french speaking friend's arm to translate poxfil.net.

No comments: